- Keep hydrated! Dehydrated skin will not absorb the tan and will affect your results. Dry skin can cause the tan to look scaly or
flaky. So drink lots of water so your tan develops deeper and lasts longer.
- All waxing, shaving and any manicures or pedicures should be done 24hrs prior to your appointment to ensure even development of your tan.
- You can shave again 24hrs after your sunless tanning session, use hair conditioner for a smoother delicate shave.
- Do not apply deodorant, perfume or oils on the day of your appointment (make sure that your exfoliators are oil-free).
- Your skin should be fully exfoliated to get rid of any dead skin & excess oil 24 hours before your appointment. You should focus on drier areas such as elbows,
hands, feet & knees. Proper exfoliation is the key step to a perfect long lasting and even sunless tan. Make sure to use an oil free exfoliator so no residue is left on your skin that can create
a barrier and cause an uneven development. We offer exfoliating products made for sunless tanning at our Beauty Bar boutique.
- Keep your skin moisturized with a water based moisturizer. Dry skin does not absorb the airbrush tanning solution evenly. If you are unsure if your moisturizer is
water based & oil free do not risk it. We rather you apply nothing than something that may create a barrier on your skin & block the tan from developing evenly.
- If you are unsure about scrubs, body washes & lotions you currently have no worry! We carry pH neutralizing body washes, exfoliating body scrubs and water based
moisturizers in salon specially designed for sunless tanning that will ensure proper and even development of your airbrush tan.
- You should shower at least 1-3 hours before your airbrush tanning appointment to wash off any oil & dirt from the day so the solution absorbs
deeply. DO NOT USE DOVE SOAP BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR SUNLESS SESSION!! You should stop using your Dove soap a minimum of 5 days prior to your scheduled airbrush tanning appointment. Dove
soap creates a moisture barrier on your skin & will block your tan from developing. It also strips your color faster after your tan so stay clear of DOVE soap!
- Please see suggestions of what to avoid below when choosing a body wash.
- Depending on which solution you choose, you must stay completely dry for at least 6-8hrs for our Traditional Solution, 8-10 hrs for our Luxury Solution & 2-4 hrs
for our Rapid Solution in order to ensure that your tan develops evenly & fully.
- This includes no: SHOWERING, EXERCISING, SWEATING, SWIMMING, EXT.
- Bring dark loose fitting clothing to wear after your spray tanning session (tanning solution washes out of everything except wool, nylon &
silk). Do not to wear any tight leggings or skinny jeans to your appointment.
- During your sunless session you can wear whatever you feel comfortable just keep in mind that whatever you do wear, those are the tan lines you are going to have. We
do provide disposable thongs, bras & hair caps. The FDA recommends that you wear undergarments during your airbrush tanning session to prevent any solution from entering your body.
WEATHER ADVISORY: If it is raining or snowing please come prepared with closed toed shoes, long pants, long sleeved shirt, waterproof jacket, umbrella &
gloves. You want to be covered from head to toe to ensure any precipitation will not ruin your tan or cause streaking or water marks on your skin.
FDA suggest to use the following items to protect against ingestion or inhalation during your sunless session.
~Lip balm to seal the lips
~Proper protective undergarments
- After your color has fully developed, you are going to take a shower with cool water just rinsing your skin & soaping the necessary areas. I suggest a
sulfate-free and pH neutralizing body wash. (Do not worry if you see bronzer washing off in the shower this is normal & you will be left with your developed tan underneath).
- For our RAPID Solution please note that it will take up to 24 hrs to see full development of color so do not be alarmed if you don't see much or any color develop
after your first rinse.
- Do not us any exfoliating scrubs or body washes until the end of your tan.
- To prolong the life of your tan Sun Kissed Glow carries body washes & tan extenders so be sure to grab one of each at your appointment.
- After you shower pat yourself dry so you do not rub off any of your airbrush tan.
- Keep your skin moisturized with a water based lotion only after your first initial shower. We have lotions and moisturizers available for purchase designed for
sunless tanning to ensure the longevity of your airbrush tan.
- You can shave your legs lightly with conditioner 24hrs after your airbrush tanning session.
- Wear sunscreen!! Airbrush tans are just cosmetic and do not protect your skin from the UV rays of the sun. We recommend an oil free & alcohol free sunscreen. Sun
Kissed Glow carries a 30 SPF made specifically to use with your airbrush tan so it will not cause rapid fading.
- Shower normally after the first shower will cool/warm water. Hot long baths, showers and water with chlorine will reduce the length of your tan and cause quicker
- At the end of your tan, in about 7-11 days, you can use an exfoliant or scrub to exfoliate off any tan that is left.
Enjoy your Sun Kissed Glow!!
Below is a list of ingredients and products you should avoid for a minimum of 14 days after your spray tanning treatment. Please use this a guide and be sure to check
all of your skin care products at home that you use on a daily basis as they may cause streaking, premature and uneven fading of your spray tan. Get the most out of your tan!
- Aerosol sunscreens
- AHA products (Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Citric, and Tartaric acids)
- Accutane, Salicylic acid or acne products
- Antibiotics or other medications
- Exfoliating anti-aging products that "renew" or "refresh" your skin will strip your color
- Adhesive tape or band-aids that are applied to skin will remove your tan
- Bar soaps and body washes that are deodorant or antibacterial
- BHA Products (Beta Hydroxy Acids: salicylic acid)
- Avoid facials, face masks & pore strips after your spray tanning session
- Bug spray, perfumes, or body sprays that are sprayed directly onto skin can remove or fade the tan. Instead, spray clothing, or spray a "cloud" of spray that you can
walk through, instead of spraying directly onto skin.
- Avoid any products with the following ingredients: Mineral Oil, Petroleum, Paraffins, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ceresine.
- Avoid Curel, CeraVe & Dove products
- Exfoliating scrubs
- Hair removal, bleaching or Inhibiting products and lotions should be avoided
- Makeup remover cleaning products, or oils used to clean away eye makeup
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
- Shaving cream
- Over the counter body wash
- Avoid products with alcohols or witch hazel in the ingredients listed as they can lighten a tan