- Keep hydrated! Dehydrated skin will not absorb the tan and will affect your results. So drink lots of water so your tan develops deeper and lasts
- All waxing & shaving should be done 24hrs prior to your appointment to ensure even development of your tan. You can shave again 24hrs after your sunless tanning session, use hair conditioner
for a smoother delicate shave.
- Do not apply deodorant, perfume or oils on the day of your appointment (make sure that your exfoliators are oil-free).
- Your skin should be fully exfoliated to get rid of any dead skin & excess oil 24 hours before your appointment. You should focus on drier areas such as elbows, hands, feet & knees. Proper
exfoliation is the key step to a perfect long lasting and even sunless tan. Make sure to use an oil free exfoliator so no residue is left on your skin that can create a barrier and cause an uneven
development. We offer exfoliating products made for sunless tanning at our Beauty Bar boutique.
- Keep your skin moisturized with a water based moisturizer. Dry skin does not absorb the airbrush tanning solution evenly.
- If you are unsure about scrubs, body washes & lotions you currently have no worry! We carry pH neutralizing body washes and water based moisturizers in salon specially designed for sunless
tanning that will ensure proper and even development of your airbrush tan.
- You should shower at least 1-2 hours before your airbrush tanning appointment to wash off any oil & dirt from the day so the solution absorbs deeply (DO NOT USE DOVE SOAP BEFORE OR
AFTER YOUR SUNLESS SESSION!!).
- You must stay completely dry for at least 6-8hrs after your airbrush tanning session in order to ensure that your tan develops evenly & fully. This includes no: SHOWERING, EXERCISING,
SWEATING, SWIMMING, EXT. We do offer a RAPID solution if you cannot wait 6-8hrs to shower or get wet.
- Wear dark loose fitting clothing at the time of your appointment (tanning solution washes out of everything except wool, nylon & silk). Try not to wear any tight leggings or skinny jeans to
- During your sunless session you can wear whatever you feel comfortable just keep in mind that whatever you do wear, those are the tan lines you are going to have. The FDA recommends that you wear
undergarments during your airbrush tanning session to prevent any solution from entering your body.
FDA suggest to use the following items to protect against ingestion or inhalation during your sunless session.
Items below are available at our salon upon request.
~Lip balm to seal the lips
~Proper protective undergarments
- After your color has fully developed, you are going to take a shower with cool water just rinsing your skin & soaping the necessary areas. I suggest a sulfate-free and pH neutralizing body
wash. (Do not worry if you see bronzer washing off in the shower this is normal & you will be left with your developed tan underneath).
- Do not us any exfoliating scrubs or body washes until the end of your tan.
- After you shower pat yourself dry so you do not rub off any of your airbrush tan.
- Keep your skin moisturized with a water based lotion only after your first initial shower. We have lotions and moisturizers available for purchase designed for sunless tanning to ensure longevity
of your airbrush tan.
- You can shave your legs lightly with conditioner 24hrs after your airbrush tanning session.
- Wear sunscreen!! Airbrush tans are just cosmetic and do not protect your skin from the UV rays of the sun. We recommend an oil free & alcohol free sunscreen. We carry a sunless safe 30SPF at
- Shower normally after the first shower will cool/warm water. Hot long baths, showers and water with chlorine will reduce the length of your tan and cause quicker fading.
- At the end of your tan you can use an exfoliant or scrub to exfoliate off any tan that is left.
Enjoy your Sun Kissed Glow!!